Mount Stewart Infant School PE and Sports Grant Allocation 2015/2016
Mount Stewart Infant school received £9,045 PE Grant for the period September 2015 to July 2016.
The Grant is used to provide:
- Training for pupils in football, Tag Rugby and cricket.
- Lunch time and after school sports support by an apprentice
- 2 days Health Workshop and Sports Training by ‘A Life’ (June 2016)
- CPD sessions for staff June 2016
- To subsidise fees for after school Taekwando, multi sports and football clubs
- Redo playground marking for running track to support “Fitter Kids better Learner” Programme”
- Participate in the Road to Rio programme with the junior school.
- Pupils receive quality PE lessons; they are fully involved in all activities
- Pupils look forward to lunch time sports activities especially the support of older siblings and friends from Mount Stewart Junior School.
- Participation in lunch time sporting activities is good.
- PE and sports have a good profile. Pupils showed the skills learnt during Health and Fitness Week, in school sports competition and interschool sports competition.
- After school sports clubs are oversubscribed. Each week 50 pupils have the opportunity to enjoy football, Taekwando or gymnastics for 1 hour.
Plans for 2016/17 financial year
Mount Stewart Infant School will:
- Focus on developing teachers’ competence and skills in teaching PE. The school will hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with staff when teaching PE. Teachers will receive CPD training in dance, athletics and gymnastics.
- Release teachers to gain further professional development in PE and sport through courses and observations of other staff.
- Support and engage all pupils especially the least active children through Fitter Kids Better Learners (Run a mile a day programme).
- Promote sports and active life style in assemblies, sports men and women will conduct assemblies, followed by workshops for pupils.
- Promote after school multi sports, Taekwando and football club each term